Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Do you change your home decor every season?

Spring is almost here...what type of steps do you take to create a more spring atmosphere/ summer feel in your home?





For example: Putting out some bunnies, changing your wreath/doormat, your center piece in the living room? Tell me some tips! Thanks! I'm 26, I'm sure I have lots to learn still. :-)

Do you change your home decor every season?
I love decorating my house for every season, I always did it since my boys were little kids. Now they are 21 and 23 and they get home asking when the new decoration will be on. I decorate the whole house during christmas. I even change the pictures hanging on the walls. I put up 3 to 5 xmas trees in different rooms. The traditional one goes in the living room, the informal one goes in the family room. A small one goes on the kitchen counter with cookie cutters hanging from the branches. In the entrance a mid size one uses also traditional decorations and when my kids were small I put a mid size one in every room with decorations they made. I even decorate the bedrooms and the bathrooms.


For valentines I decorate the entrance door with a wreath in a form of a heart full of silk flowers. I change the tablecloth on the dining table to a red one with hearts and I set the table with hearts decorations,since we usually celebrate Valentine's dinner at home. I put red and white candles everywhere, all the small round table are decorated with red or red and white tablecloths. Even the kitchen towels and the apron is changed for every season.


For Easter, I change the wreath to an appropiate one, the tablecloths around the house. I put bunnies and special dessert plates to decorate and I change the decorations on the piano and other tables.\


I also change it for summer, then for the "Back to School" season, (I am a teacher) and for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I change towels, aprons, kitchen towels, everything I can it helps me get in the mood. I have collected all the decorations during the years and in discount stores usually off season. I put them away in plastic boxes that are identified with the season.


Try it, it will please you so much you will keep on doing it and adding new things every year.
Reply:In the spring and summer I tend to have fresh cut flowers in the house but other than that I don't change my decor.


No comments:

Post a Comment