Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Does anyone make their own Christmas decorations?

I never pay for anything I can make myself, so I have made my own tablecloth, drapery, even the wreath. I also plan to make the bed linen. It's fun for me!





I always feel better --- self-satisfied --- when I can accomplish anything, when so many others pay (even take out bank loans) to get things done. It only takes a little effort and, applying our talents we can save a lot of hard-earned money, especially with the economy so out of control, today.

Does anyone make their own Christmas decorations?
I use to, don't do that Holiday anymore. I know what you mean though, I'm the same way. I have grapes so I make wreaths from the vines, also toys for my parrot from the vines, I make wine from the grapes. I makes all my own drapes and curtains and many tablecloths. I grow my own flowers for decorating, veggie garden for eating and preserving, fruit tree's. I believe self-subsistant living is a way to keep you grounded and content. I don't believe in the trap of credit card and loan debts either, my Grandmother taught me that if I can't pay for it, I shouldn't have it. More power to you, I've been living this way for 30 years.
Reply:I'M LIKE U IN A WAY, BUT I ALSO LIKE TO BUY SOMETHINGS TOO. BUT I'VE NOTICED I GET GREATER PLEASURE WHEN I MAKE SOMETHING MY SELF VS JUST GOIN OUT AND BUYIN IT.


GOOD FOR U, I WISH I COULD MAKE ALOT MORE, LIKE TABLECLOTHES AND ECT


No comments:

Post a Comment