Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How could I decorate a room like the Nightmare Before Christmas during the holidays?

I'd like to go all out for my BEDROOM. Right now it's a pirate theme, but I'd love to dress it up like the Haunted Mansion Holiday (when Jack Skellington takes over). I'd like to know just some accesories and such I could use that would really spruce it up. Keep the price reasonable, but be creative!





To give you a start, this is what I did last year. Last year I had a man-eating wreath and a cob-web-covered Christmas tree. But I'd like to go all out so I'm open to suggestions!





My room is large with a small hallway that leads up to the main area. the walls are vertical for about 4 feet then are angled 45 degrees to about 35 degrees.





Alright! Have fun thinking up ideas, and thanks in advance!


-cap10hook72-

How could I decorate a room like the Nightmare Before Christmas during the holidays?
I love the ideas that you said you used last year, first of all! Tell me how you made that sometime..





First, you can make homemade ornaments from the movie. Find pictures or movie stills from the Internet and place them onto a strong surface. Then, laminate them or keep them plain, hang them on a string, and then hang up!





Try ordering from the Disney catalogue, or look at the Disney stores. The Disney catalogue has many Nightmare Before Christmas items, all for great prices! They also have snow globes, wreaths, and more! The coolest stuff is there around Halloween or Christmastime.





Create some items based on characters in the movie! You can get some great fabrics and ideas at Joann's or Micheal's, or any other craft store. Photocopy or carefully draw the characters face onto the fabric. Make the fabric into the shape of a doll. Then add clothes and details, dew them up, and you have the whole cast of characters as dolls that you can hang under your Christmas tree, on a shelve, or on a wreath!





Make some fun masks. Masks are a cheap and easy way to celebrate. Get a copy of a characters picture, put it onto foam or construction paper, and VOILA, you have a mask of an awesome movie!





Make some holiday themed plates! Go to a local pottery-painting store (such as As You Wish) and pick out a plate. Then, piuck out the colors of a character from the movie and paint their face onto the plate! You can say something Christmas-y too!





Good luck, and tell me how it works out! I'm going to Disneyland this week, so I'll see if I can get some inspiration there. Good luck again and hope this has helped!





-Science Tigger
Reply:Wow, you is one crazy bizi. But, that sounds cool, just paint it black, put chains on the walls, and make it look like a dungeon. Dungeons are sweet, and just tell everyone that its Nightmare Before Christmas themed. If they don't believe you, then just chain them up in your sweet new bedroom.


Have fun daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment