Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where is a good web site for me to identify and appraise some very old coins I have free of charge?

I have 3 old coins I would like to appraise. The first coin is dated 1762, is German or Austrian in origin and says EIN KREUTZER, the next is dated 1829 with Andrew Jackson on the front and crossed axes and shaking hands with the words Peace and Friendship, the next is from WWII and has Paul von Hindenburg on the front and on the back it has the Nazi Eagle grasping a wreath with a swastika in the middle of the wreath. It is dated 1936 and is a 2 DM coin. Also can anyone recommend a good way to clean and care for these coins without damaging them? Thank you all for your time and consideration of this matter.

Where is a good web site for me to identify and appraise some very old coins I have free of charge?
If you want it for free it will take some legwork and then there's no guarantee you'll get an answer. You could start with an ended items search on Ebay, and you can google each coin and see if any sites come up that are selling that coin. That will give you the retail value.


No comments:

Post a Comment