Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do i make a wreath w/ my tree trimmings?

TI made mine by getting a metal frame (from one of the craft stores) and using florist wire, attached the trimmings to it. I made sure everything was on tight. I also added a string of lights around it. I change it every year depending on what my decorating theme is.

How do i make a wreath w/ my tree trimmings?
The easiest is to get a wreath frame at the craft store. It is two concentric wire circles. Then cut the trimmings into 10 pieces, and taking floral wire, bundle the trimmings together and then wire them to the frame. However this takes a lot of trimmings.





Instead make a bough or swag. Take one long trimmings....at least 30 inches and another, smaller, about 24 inches. Now put them "end to end" but overlapping the ends. See how graceful they are together? Normally you'd wire these two together, but I suggest cutting a few more pieces and playing around with their length and how they will overlap. When you are happy with the result, wire them together, just wrap the wire around and around . Finish off this intersection with broadleaf evergreen (for example holly) branches, pine cones (wrap the wire around the cone hiding within the scales) and maybe add a bow, ornamental berries, fruit, whatever suits your fancy. The final swag can be hung just as with a wreath.


No comments:

Post a Comment