Saturday, November 14, 2009

What does giving a wreath mean?

I once saw in a movie called Notes on a Scandal, (that took place in England,) that a woman gave her ex-girlfriends' fiancee a wreath. And the man who was accusing the woman of doing this seemed very angry and horrified. Why?


Here in America it's just something you hang on your front door at Christmas.


Please help I'm confused.

What does giving a wreath mean?
That seems really weird! I've never heard of giving someone a wreath as being insulting. I'll be interested to find out the answer on this as well.





Maybe I'll find out the real meaning behind the Christmas wreath I was given this year! LOL! =)
Reply:Was there a dead, bloody horse-head sticking out from the middle of the wreath? ;) If not, I have no idea why anyone would get upset. hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment