Monday, November 16, 2009

Wreath laying ceremony in arlington national cemetery.?

I'm wrtiting an essay to be in the wreath laying ceremony in washington. One thing i have to write about in my essay is what the ceremony means to me. I have never ben to or seen the ceremony, can you plz describe it for me?

Wreath laying ceremony in arlington national cemetery.?
Oh wow! I have been to such a ceremony. There is nothing more heartbreaking, touching, solemn, sad, rememberable, honorable, and any other number of adjectives in the world! It is a very solemn ceremony designed to honor the fallen. It is done very quietly (although some speaking is necessary of course). It is held in a small courtyard overlooking much of the cemetery and has some bleachers for people to sit on, I sat on the ground near the railing. BE SURE NOT TO CROSS INTO THE AREA! Marine guards are not joking around and are absolutely and unequivocally scary when you come into their area without invitation. One of my classmates got too close to the line and everyone in the audience jumped when began to address her. She was scared to tears, no joke. I found a video of it online. It is a perfect represenation of what I saw... Oh I hope you go. I think every american should, it is something you will NEVER EVER forget!


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...





The box behind the soldier speaking at the beginning is the actual tomb, it is very nondescript, but its symbolism is powerful! Note the seriousness of the armed guards (yes, armed) as I said, that is one serious job! They are considered very honored to be the guard of the fallen soldiers, this is something to write about. People actually compete to guard the dead, that shows its power!


No comments:

Post a Comment