Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter wreath colors?

I have a grapevine wreath on my front door that I change for the seasons and holidays. I want to do something for winter, and would like ideas on a color scheme to use. Right now it is decorated in a burgundy and white Christmas theme, so I want to stay away from those colors.

Winter wreath colors?
i justmade one ...i went to the thrift store and found some leaves in a lighter green and oval shaped I also bought some dusky blue sprig like oornaments at targetin the clearance christmas aisle... i wound the leaves around the wreath and added the sprigs... so it looks like a more wintery appeal with the dusky blue sprigs... i wanted to stayaway from white or the snowy look as thatstill to me looks christmas themed... maybe try wrapping some vine around it and put some of those winter bird picks like cardinals and berries in it...thatwould be cute too
Reply:Like the bird idea - add some red [ holly ] berries too!


Use jewel tones - ruby red, topaz gold, emerald green, sapphire blue, amethyst purple.


Get rid of the white.


Use evergreen sprigs to fill in gaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment